Wednesday 13 May 2015

Whoa! Whoops and double whoops

Well I found a comments list on the home/design page. I thought what a great way to monitor the comments. I'll delete the old ones so the new ones are more obvious. It deleted every comment on my blog! Yesterday I spent hours doing a report. Then as I was writing the final sentence I touched a key that wiped out the whole post blank! Then instantly the @#$% auto saver stepped in and saved. So after hours of work all I had were the letters "ch" Ha ha ha. I was angry.

10 comments:

  1. I thought that I'd done that once Dave, so went back and reconstituted the post, only to find the outback-up came to the rescue.
    I feel for you having lost the lot.
    Are you gonna join us for Waterloo?
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Battle reports are hard work so you can feel the pain. :) Thanks for the invite James what date?

      Delete
    2. That was "auto backup" by the way, bloody autocorrect...!

      We are planning to play it over two sessions: 27th June and 4th July. Please send me an email if you are keen/available. Hang it, send an email anyway, so we can at least "chat" electronically!!! :)

      Delete
  2. David - that's a PITA for you with the deleted post. If it happens again, look at the edit function bar at the top. On the left hand side, just to the right of the "compose" and "html" tabs there should be two arrows. Clicking the left one will undo the deletion, even if autosave has run.

    I don't think there is anything you can do about the deleted comments though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my godfather Tamsin I see them! That will save me next time, thanks.

      Delete
  3. Some keystroke shortcuts are far more of a hazard than a time saver! Most, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and my old fingers seem to hit random ones all the time. Need a bigger key board. :P

      Delete
  4. Ouch! Sounds like you lost a lot of data...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Colgar. I couldn't believe it had happened.

      Delete