I found these "commandments" on the Blog The Quick and the Zed
His was a version of on Space Cow Smith's Budgethammer Commandments, adapted for zombie wargaming:
Rules for Wargaming on a Budget
1. Wargaming is fun, so enjoy the hobby!
2. Don't break the bank; you can spend no more than $30 a month on figures, terrain, supplies, etc.
3. NO "Oooh Shiney!" purchases allowed! If it's an impulse buy, you don't need it.
4. You must paint at least 6 figures a week.
5. You can't buy any new figures until the last month's figures have been painted. "except to take advantage of time limited special deals for planned projects" or when starting a new period.
6. "Don't buy anything you can't easily make."
7. You now have figures, use them! You must play a minimum of two games a month.
8. Play the rules you enjoy the most
9. You must build and paint at least one terrain piece a month.
10. Post on my blog at least 3 times a month.
I've been trying to follow these rules since reading the original 3 weeks ago.
Saturday, 26 October 2013
I've started a Lord of the Rings Project. These Rangers are the first figures. They are Magister Miltium 15mm. Haven't settled on the tactical rules yet so I can't base them.
They are nice little figures and are fun to paint.
I'm looking forward to starting the Hobbits.