Tuesday 12 May 2015

The First Hittites

Completed some Hittite Chariots. 15mm Old Glory. I think they look a little Klingon. Could be the long dark hair and the metal studs!


Like the Egyptian Chariots when they arrived these packs presented a bit of a brain pain. Because like the Egyptians they included an archer and a spearman, in this case for a three man crew including driver. Hittite heavy chariots are supposed have two spearman no archer. After a couple of weeks uming and ahing I decided to combine the spear and make some chariots light archers, more chariots now needed! When I came to paint these I noticed there is only room for one fighting crew member any way! Problem solved. Some people believe that they only had one anyway so justified!
 

5 comments:

  1. They look great David. I especially like the horses, nice figures aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. Yes they are very satisfying to make. Though I'm such a clutz I nearly always break an axel!

      Delete
  2. They look great, beautiful chariots David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qapla' gentlemen! :-)

    I do like the appearance of your Hittites. Perhaps I should consider them as a future 25mm project....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gonsalvo you certainly should do a Hittite Army! They fought just about everyone and it means you could one day do Qadesh. And thanks for the Klingon!

      Delete